Defending Against DUI Charges In Illinois
DUI charges must be met with seriousness. A conviction means an automatic suspension of your license and possibly other penalties, depending on your history. If you face DUI charges, you need a lawyer who is dedicated to your cause and fully capable of defending your rights.
I am Stephen L. Richards, a Chicago DUI defense attorney with more than 25 years of criminal law experience. I know how to handle complex and difficult DUI cases by listening attentively as you explain what happened, then taking swift and decisive action to protect your rights and your good name.
Whether this is your first DUI charge, or you are facing multiple DUI offenses, I am prepared to handle your case. For a free consultation, call me at 866-852-6426, locally at 773-467-7079 or contact me online.
An Experienced, Battle-Tested Trial Lawyer
When I defend a DUI case, I thoroughly investigate the facts and work diligently to uncover all available evidence. After taking hundreds of criminal cases to trial, I know that cases are often won early by thorough preparation and research. In addition, my clients reap the benefit of:
- My familiarity with judges and courts throughout Chicago and northern Illinois
- My vast knowledge of search and seizure laws, which are often violated by officers who conduct improper field sobriety testing
- My skill in dealing with scientific evidence, including my ability to challenge Breathalyzer results
Helping You Avoid Harsh Penalties
The penalties for a DUI conviction, even a first offense, are serious and can greatly disrupt your life. Some of the penalties you may face, depending on your specific circumstances, are:
- Summary (automatic) suspension of your driver’s license
- Fines, vehicle forfeiture and mandatory alcohol abuse treatment
- Significant jail time, especially for multiple offenses
- Felony charges, if your blood alcohol content (BAC) was .16 or higher, you were driving without a license or you have three or more DUIs
In addition, records of DUI convictions cannot be expunged. All of this means that it is vitally important that you are represented by an experienced, skilled defense lawyer. I am ready to fight for your freedoms and protect your future.
Contact A Proven, Knowledgeable Rockford DUI Penalty Attorney
Do not give up the right to defend against DUI charges. I have a wealth of experience successfully defending even the most difficult DUI cases. To find out how I can help you, call me at 866-852-6426, locally at 773-467-7079 or contact my law firm online.